Severe winter weather in the Southeast is impacting normal delivery. We will work to ensure the safety of our employees while minimizing effects of our service to you. X
How do I choose a setting for my Big Dipper?
How does a Big Dipper Work?
Big Dippers automatic grease removal devices have internal tanks certified to separate and retain grease just like other hydromechanical grease interceptors,
but also have skimming assemblies which isolate the retained grease into a collector allowing for easy daily maintenance without another company to clean it.
Does your Big Dipper look different than the one below? Check out additional instructions for older models here 1. Solids are trapped in the Internal Strainer Basket
2. Grease flows through the strainer basket into the primary tank
3. Grease rises to the top of the liquid contents of the tank
4. Skimming Wheel activates based on skim-setting chosen.
Grease sticks to the sides of the Skimming Wheel
5. Wiper Assembly scrapes grease from sides of Skimming Wheel
Grease runs into the collector on the front of the Big Dipper
6. Empty Contents of Grease Collector Daily or more often as needed
Empty into a rendering barrel provided by recycling company or dispose in trash as food waste
7. To remove Grease Collector, turn counter-clockwise
8. Pull Grease Collector straight away from the tank
9. To access strainer basket, lift wing lid on inlet side of unit and lift out
Dispose of contents in trash and rinse out if necessary